Image: JCB Crane
- The machines are named as Cranes because their structure resembles the bird crane.
- The earliest man-made crane was constructed by the Greek civilization that dates back to 500 B. C.
- The earliest crane machine-made was used to lift and move water. This was known as a SHADUF, which was constructed by the Egyptians, some 4000 years ago. The initial cranes which were constructed were not powered by machines but were powered by human and animal force.
- Later on, with technological developments, steam engines and internal combustion engines were then used to power and run the cranes.
- In this day and age, crane machines are constructed with high-quality steel and materials and run with the power of machines. Another surprising fact is that the crane machines usually assemble themselves with the help of some buttons and control.